This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was delete. However, pending the final outcome of Wikipedia:Deletion_policy/Local_politicians, it may become appropriate to recreate this article either in full or as a redirect. Rossami (talk) 07:13, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
((PERSONS NAME)) is a ((JOB TITLE)). Does this meet the requirements for speedy deletion, or are these the kind of article contributions Wikipedia should encourage? GRider\talk 19:35, 24 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- The option of merging of all these articles is being discussed in Wikipedia:Deletion_policy/Local_politicians.
- Keep. An alderman for a city of 3.9 million people is in IMO. Minimal but adequate stub. If it subsequently becomes a redirect to a consolidated article, that doesn't require VfD. Just do it. Andrewa 23:52, 24 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. An alderman in a city of 3.9 million, one of a group of 50. Not good enough. --Calton 02:07, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete, as per my previous votes on these aldermen. Megan1967 00:13, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Merge (and redirect) into the greater List of Chicago Aldermen. No reason to delete, no reason to keep. —RaD Man (talk) 02:34, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Merge. Alphax (t) (c) (e) 04:19, Feb 25, 2005 (UTC)
- With this minimal content, merge and redirect. Keep if expanded. Meelar (talk) 04:20, Feb 25, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete, already on the list--nixie 05:00, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete: not an article. Willing to reconsider if expanded. Wile E. Heresiarch 07:52, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Not an article. ComCat 09:01, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Not notable. Jayjg (talk) 17:37, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Comment: I note that the merge and redir votes are not being counted at all in the tally box. The result of this is IMO to give a misleading view. At present IMO there is no consensus to delete, as four votes (mine to keep and three to merge) would keep the entry, as opposed to six who would delete it. This is not a terribly important article, the mechanism is probably more important. Food for thought? No change of vote. Andrewa 20:20, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Redirect to Chicago aldermen. See also Wikipedia:Deletion_policy/Local_politicians. Android79 00:53, Feb 26, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. No evidence presented that this person meets the recommended Wikipedia:criteria for inclusion of biographies. Rossami (talk) 06:29, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete as yet another one of those contentless non-articles regarding Chicago aldermen. It's just a sentence. - Lucky 6.9 22:52, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.